We have officially booked the venue!
Our wedding will be at The Harbor Club of Bellevue on October 20, 2012. Only 302 days until we get married! Yikes!
I had a very specific look in mind when we were venue shopping. I wanted a very classical and romantic feel, and I have always wanted a Fall wedding, so I knew I would be looking at indoor venues with lots of opportunity for twinkling lights and candles.
I looked at a few ballroom style rooms in various hotels in Seattle...I wasn't in love with a lot of them and I only found one out of the 8 we viewed that was a possibility. Unfortunately I found out that particular hotel was going through a major renovation in a week and would be completely re-done and decked out in modern style decor by the time of our wedding. We are talking green carpets, metal sculptures in the entryways and strange "emo" art on the walls. Not exactly the look I was envisioning on my romantic wedding day.
I was getting very discouraged and stopped getting excited about making venue appointments...until we looked at The Harbor Club of Seattle. I loved it! I was about to book it that second but decided to take a look at the Bellevue Club first...just to get a feel. I am so glad I did.
Noah's family was able to come down and tour the Bellevue Club with us and everyone loved it. It is exactly the look I am going for; dark woods, romantic city lights below and dramatic chandeliers everywhere.
Our wedding will be at The Harbor Club of Bellevue on October 20, 2012. Only 302 days until we get married! Yikes!
I had a very specific look in mind when we were venue shopping. I wanted a very classical and romantic feel, and I have always wanted a Fall wedding, so I knew I would be looking at indoor venues with lots of opportunity for twinkling lights and candles.
I looked at a few ballroom style rooms in various hotels in Seattle...I wasn't in love with a lot of them and I only found one out of the 8 we viewed that was a possibility. Unfortunately I found out that particular hotel was going through a major renovation in a week and would be completely re-done and decked out in modern style decor by the time of our wedding. We are talking green carpets, metal sculptures in the entryways and strange "emo" art on the walls. Not exactly the look I was envisioning on my romantic wedding day.
I was getting very discouraged and stopped getting excited about making venue appointments...until we looked at The Harbor Club of Seattle. I loved it! I was about to book it that second but decided to take a look at the Bellevue Club first...just to get a feel. I am so glad I did.
Noah's family was able to come down and tour the Bellevue Club with us and everyone loved it. It is exactly the look I am going for; dark woods, romantic city lights below and dramatic chandeliers everywhere.
Oh and did I mention it is on the 25th floor and has 360 degree views of Bellevue? :)
It's absolutely gorgeous and the best part is that I don't have to worry about too much ceremony and reception decor because the space is beautiful on its own!
Booking the venue was definitely a load of stress off my back and I am so excited that we officially have a date now!
Now comes the wedding dress shopping...this should be interesting since I am already looking like I swallowed a small pumpkin. ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment