I've been working hard on knocking some wedding "to-do's" off of my list.
I ended up hiring a wedding coordinator to help me with everything after the baby gets here and we get closer to the wedding. She is technically a "day-of" coordinator and will do everything on the wedding day, from set up and take down, to making sure the wedding party is in order. However, I lucked out and have a sorority sister who happens to plan weddings and she offered to help with mine! I'm so happy to have her help, since I'm sure it's going to be difficult to be calling floral and cake vendors when I have a screaming baby in my arms!
I also figured out bridesmaid dresses! I ended up going with kind of a unique route. I decided to have the bridesmaids in all completely different dresses, all within the purple color spectrum. I'm still a little nervous to see how this will work out, but I'm thinking it will look cute.
I also went and tried on wedding dresses! I've actually been slightly dreading the dress shopping; my growing stomach has been the main culprit, but I can also be really indecisive and I was worried I wouldn't find anything I liked. However, I made the appointment and on the first day of our snow storm, my mom, Kelly and I made our way over.
I made it through about 4 dresses before I got super sick. I barely made it to the chairs where my mom and Kelly were sitting, before I blacked out and almost fainted. Did I mention that I was WEARING a giant Vera Wang ball gown? I had to sit and sip some water (which is apparently frowned upon when wearing said Vera Wang ball gown), but the second I could stand up, I couldn't get out of that dress fast enough. That pretty much ended our first dress shopping experience.
But we are trying again this weekend, so we will see how it works out!
I think that is all the wedding updates I have for now!
I ended up hiring a wedding coordinator to help me with everything after the baby gets here and we get closer to the wedding. She is technically a "day-of" coordinator and will do everything on the wedding day, from set up and take down, to making sure the wedding party is in order. However, I lucked out and have a sorority sister who happens to plan weddings and she offered to help with mine! I'm so happy to have her help, since I'm sure it's going to be difficult to be calling floral and cake vendors when I have a screaming baby in my arms!
I also figured out bridesmaid dresses! I ended up going with kind of a unique route. I decided to have the bridesmaids in all completely different dresses, all within the purple color spectrum. I'm still a little nervous to see how this will work out, but I'm thinking it will look cute.
I also went and tried on wedding dresses! I've actually been slightly dreading the dress shopping; my growing stomach has been the main culprit, but I can also be really indecisive and I was worried I wouldn't find anything I liked. However, I made the appointment and on the first day of our snow storm, my mom, Kelly and I made our way over.
I made it through about 4 dresses before I got super sick. I barely made it to the chairs where my mom and Kelly were sitting, before I blacked out and almost fainted. Did I mention that I was WEARING a giant Vera Wang ball gown? I had to sit and sip some water (which is apparently frowned upon when wearing said Vera Wang ball gown), but the second I could stand up, I couldn't get out of that dress fast enough. That pretty much ended our first dress shopping experience.
But we are trying again this weekend, so we will see how it works out!
I think that is all the wedding updates I have for now!







No comments:
Post a Comment