How far along? 37 weeks...only 17 days to go!
Size and growth of Baby Hannah? The little miss is about 19.25 inches long and weighs around 6.3 pounds. She is being compared to a swiss chard...or a leek. I don't know what either of those are...Anyways, she is full term which means that all of her organs should be fully developed and ready for the outside world.
Maternity Clothes? Oh yes. Mostly just hanging out in my maternity tank tops and cropped yoga pants. I've actually been able to get away with wearing all my non-maternity yoga pants throughout my pregnancy...which has been nice.
Weight Gain? Apparently I have lost another pound and am now at a total weight gain of 28 pounds....Hannah is still growing just fine so I don't really know where this weight loss is occurring. Stretch Marks? Nope!! Crossing my fingers still!
Gender? All girly girl.
Movement? All the time...we found out her exact positioning, so its pretty fun to know exactly what body part of hers is sticking out or poking me. She is head down and laying on her side facing my right side. So her bottom and back is on my left side and her little legs kick up into my right ribs. Her hands and head are ALWAYS hitting my hip and pelvic bones (those are fun).
Sleep? Nothing new here...sleeping just fine for the most part...however, still waking up every so often throughout the night for bathroom breaks. I'm pretty use to it now though and I just look at it as training for the times I will have to wake up for feedings. :)
Food Cravings/Aversions? Chocolate milk, chocolate milk, chocolate milk. Also...I've been getting a little excited to have my first glass of wine or beer. The smell of alcohol made me sick throughout my whole pregnancy...but these past few weeks I always ask Noah if I can just take a little sniff of his beer and it smells strangely delicious.
What I Miss? Nothing! I'm ready to be done being pregnant...but mostly because I am just SO excited to meet this little pumpkin that I have been growing! Otherwise, I've been pretty content and taking full advantage of resting up and relaxing.
Symptoms? Cramps....I've been told these are contractions, eeek! I've been having lots of menstrual like cramping with some back pain. They come and go at irregular intervals (for now) but I am dying for when they start coming in a pattern! I've also been exhausted lately. The other night I fell asleep around 8pm...still in my clothes from the day (which I will admit could pass for pajamas anyways...) hadn't brushed my teeth, or washed my face and the light was on! I didn't wake up for the day until around 10am! That is one LONG sleep!
Best Moment of the Week? We completed our baby classes on Sunday and they made me SO excited for Hannah to get here. If any of my pregnant friends, or future pregnant friends, are debating about taking baby classes, I HIGHLY recommend them. I did my fair share of individual reading and research but I felt like these classes really touched on some things that I didn't know. We did the condensed weekend class...which meant 5 hours of class on Saturday and another 5 hours on Sunday. The Saturday class went over labor and birth and we were able to practice different pain management techniques. This actually calmed my anxieties about labor and while I know it is going to hurt like nothing I have ever felt before...I feel really prepared to deal with the pain. The Sunday class was focused all on our newborn baby and we got to practice bathing, changing, and clothing baby dolls. We even got to bring in our car seats to learn how to install them properly and how to seat a baby in them appropriately. Noah took the class very seriously and was an amazing help throughout it. He kept reminding me to take notes on pain management techniques that I liked so that we would remember them on the big day. He also practiced his baby skills several times until he could bath, clothe and swaddle our doll perfectly in less than a minute! He's going to be one great dad. :)
Working on his diaper changing skills.
Perfectly swaddled baby.
All the dad's learning how to give the 'newborn sponge bath.' This will be the first bath that Hannah gets...Noah will be the one to give it to her (with the help of a nurse) while I am going through recovery...whatever that entails.
So serious.
Worst Moment of the Week? I've had a pretty emotional week, this week. Nothing a warm shower and some chocolate milk can't fix though!
Other Thoughts? I can't believe we are full term this week! I want Hannah to be healthy, but I won't lie that I wouldn't mind her deciding to come early. Hudson and I have been taking some pretty long walks in the meantime...just hoping to speed up the process a little bit. :)





Yee yee yee!! This makes me so excited for you guys!! It makes my heart melt to see/hear about Noah's attentiveness throughout the whole process :) He's going to be an awesome dad. And I'm hoping that's a sign that Russell will be more serious around that stage...he's still throwing out baby names like "Ryfoid"(??) and "Tucker 2", haha. (I did try the road trip trick last weekend though, and we made progress :) I'm excited to sign up for our classes now - Glad to know they are worthwhile! See you Monday! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHahahaa. Oh Russ...That makes me laugh so hard...Ryfoid is an interesting name. :) I'm glad the road trip trick worked! ;) I just told Noah that you tried it and he laughed so hard. Ohhhh boys.
ReplyDelete