Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy 1 Week Birthday, Baby Girl!

As of 1:54am this morning, my little princess is officially one week old! Yesterday was a very emotional day for me because I kept thinking about what we were doing at that particular time just 7 days earlier. I'm even getting teary-eyed right now, just thinking about that special day that changed my life forever.


It's only been a week, but I have already seen so many changes in Hannah and I find myself wishing that she could just stay this little forever (although, I know I'll love every age and stage she goes through).

Here is our one week update:

Baby Stats: 
Sleep: She sleeps constantly....she pretty much just wakes up to eat and then falls back asleep again. She loves to be double swaddled and then laid on a very soft blanket. So far she has only taken two naps in her bassinet. Instead, she loves sleeping on Mommy and Daddy's chest or right in-between us on the bed. She also loves being held and will often wake up fussy, but falls back asleep as soon as she knows she is safe in our arms.
Daily Routine: We don't have much of a routine yet...we pretty much just do whatever Hannah wants. So far our schedule seems to be Hannah napping for about 2-3 hours at a time and then waking up for a feeding. Feedings last about an hour and then she is back asleep for a few hours. Every other day she gets a bath (which she does not love)...but that about sums up our days so far!
Feed: This little missy LOVES to eat. In the beginning we had a little bit of trouble with my milk not coming in quick enough for Hannah and we had to supplement with formula...which she did not like. Fortunately things cleared up very quickly and our little pumpkin would eat all day if she could!
Weight: At birth: 7 lbs 13 oz, 2 days after birth: 7 lbs 12 oz, 5 days after birth: 7 lbs, 12.6 oz (Barely any weight loss!)
Length: 20 inches at birth
Diaper Size: Newborn
Clothes Size: Newborn, but we have been putting her in some 0-3 month clothes and they are a little baggy, but they work.
Hair Color: Very dark at birth but it seems to be lightening up a little bit on top.
Eye Color: Blue
Funniest Moment: It is SO funny to watch her search around for food. I swear she could make herself crawl to food if she had to. We also love her facial expressions...Noah seems to think she has acquired my confused look, which she does 80% of the time she is awake.
Milestones: She is opening her eyes more and more and taking in the world around her. This sounds very cliche, but it is absolutely amazing to watch her discover new things around her. I love just watching her look around. Her changing table is right by the window and it is one of her favorite spots because she just loves looking out the window.
She also has amazing neck strength. She is already holding her own head up for short periods of time. She's already growing up too fast.
Favorite Toy: She hasn't had very many opportunities to play with all her toys (since she doesn't do anything but eat and sleep) however, she loves her pink puppy wubbanub and she loves finding the tags on all her burp cloths and blankets and holds on to them while she's eating. It's pretty adorable.
Firsts: A lot of firsts this week (obviously) but some big firsts were:
1) First postpartum doctors appointment
2) First bath
3) First car ride
4) First time napping in her bassinet
5) First diaper accident
Other: I can't believe my little monkey is already one week old! It seems like this week just flew by. I love everything about being a mom. This past week that we have been home, I have barely left our room because I just sit and hold her and watch her. She makes the cutest sighs and coos while she sleeps, and the cutest facial expressions when she is just waking up.
Being a mom is without a doubt, the most amazing thing in the world. It isn't the most glamorous job (I swear I've been covered in breast milk, spit up and on one occasion, poop since we have been home), but it is the most rewarding and fulfilling job. Our first night home from the hospital, I was so emotional because I was just in awe that this amazing little girl was all ours forever.


Mommy Stats:
Weight Loss: On the day I went into labor, I was up a total of 35 pounds. As of today I am down 20 pounds. Only 15 more to go!
Clothing Size: So far I haven't ventured too far out of yoga pants and t-shirts this week...but I know for sure that I wouldn't be able to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans yet. My stomach might be going down..but I'm realizing now how much weight I gained in my hips and thighs (oh joy).
Best Moment: Hannah loves sleeping skin to skin on my chest...which also happens to be my favorite thing. I love feeding her and then just taking a nap with her right there and smelling her sweet head. I love her so much!


Happy One-Week Birthday to my little princess!


P.S. Stay tuned for Hannah's birth story!
















3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a gorgeous little babe! When do I get to meet her!?! (And see your beautiful face too of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shan, I just love little Han already! I'm excited to read the birth story!

    ReplyDelete