Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

I was so excited for Hannah's first Thanksgiving. Even while I was pregnant, I had visions of what our Thanksgiving would be like with our little monkey. It has always been such a family and friend oriented holiday for my family, that I couldn't wait to share it with her. It definitely didn't disappoint.

We usually head up to Chelan and spend the holiday with our family friends, but this year Noah and I talked everyone into staying in Woodinville. We were a little wary of driving over the pass in snow conditions with Hannah....and we have a brand new kitchen to break in over here! So we ended up staying put and it was so much more relaxing...we woke up that morning and I was so grateful that I could just lounge around instead of pack up all of Hannah's bajillion accessories that we need to cart around these days and make the three hour trip. 

We dressed Hannah up in her Thanksgiving dress and started helping out in the kitchen. Noah and I were in charge of the pies. We decided to make Apple Pie (my favorite) and Pecan Pie with a chocolate layer (Noah's favorite). 

Everything turned out delicious. It was definitely an adjustment, having Hannah there. I couldn't help out in the kitchen as much, since the baby needed to be played with, fed and changed. So Noah kind of took over cooking duties this year and he did an amazing job. The Pecan Pie was definitely the hit of dinner! 

End of the Macy's Day Parade and thinking of Kari-Bear!

Love this smiley girl

Drinks are already flowing

My family

Nice face, Kel


H looking pretty and observing the shenanigans 

She loves sitting in her high chair and playing with her toys


We made sweet potatoes for Hannah so she could get in on the Thanksgiving festivities too

I can't wait until this munchkin can be my little helper in the kitchen

Three cooks in their aprons

Pops

Dishing up

Hannah and I decided to hang out and play until the mad dash for food died down


The "kids" table

Auntie Kelly decided to give a speech before dinner

Obviously I took the opportunity to film it to make fun of her later

Notice my dad's face...

20 minutes later and still going...

Noah's beautiful pies

My hubby 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so excited that it is finally acceptable to break out the Christmas music and decor! 


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Thanksgiving Shan! Tell Noah he can send one of those pies my way anytime! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo adorable! I want to see this video of Kelly... what is this speech about?!?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Jill it was the best thing they've ever heard

      Delete
  3. Such cute pictures!! Hearing you call Noah "hubby" makes me smile ... You guys are too cute! Also, I'm loving the length & color of your hair!! Can't wait to see you guys maƱana! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete