Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resolutions...

Whew....we've been busy!

I'm sure many of you know...we moved into our new house! We got the word on Christmas Day that we would NEED to sign the papers the very next day. We did...and as of 5pm the following day, the house was officially ours!

We had some things that needed to get done, immediately...so we started putting in late nights right away. But all the hard work paid off and while the house is still a work in progress, we are mostly moved in and loving being on our own!

So excuse me for the lack of blogging...any spare minute I have (aka Hannah's naps) I spend trying to unpack. It's going to be a long process to say the least.

Before I get into resolutions, I have an update! I am officially starting school back up! Luckily for me, I was able to finish all my classes...I just have an internship, student teaching practicum and a few projects (kind of HUGE projects) to complete.
I have mixed feelings about this decision. In fact, I change my mind about my decision 7 times a day. I am nowhere near ready to leave my sweet baby girl. We haven't gotten her into a routine because our previous living conditions had us all living in one room (which meant baby girl had a LATE bedtime)...so I was really hoping to get her onto a schedule as soon as we get settled into our new home. However, the next 4ish months will be crazy with my school schedule, homework, etc, so I don't know how it will work out.
I'm also really nervous. It's been close to 10 months since I've been in a teaching environment and I'm terrified to jump right into teaching again! I have such a mommy brain these days that I feel like I will barely remember ANYTHING I've learned.

On the other hand, I know that I need to finish. Not only for me, but for my family. I've already put so much money into this, I need to have something to show for it. I also want Hannah and our future children to see how important school is and be proud that their mom has a Master's degree and a teaching certificate.
I won't lie though...my biggest motivation is knowing that we are eager to expand our family in the next year and there is NO way I am going back to school with two (or three, or four....crossing my fingers for twins or triplets here!) gorgeous babies at home. Now is the best time.

A small part of me is excited. I met my cooperating teacher. He seems great. He's funny, excitable, and SUPER organized and clean. My kind of teacher. I'll be teaching a Kindergarten class, AM and PM...so I'll have two groups of kiddos every day. I love kids this age....they are still so excited for school and learning.

So yeah...there is my update! I'll be starting in the end of January (gave myself a few weeks to adjust and get ready to leave my monkey.) :'(

Before I actually start to cry...onto the resolutions!

1) Get Hannah onto a schedule. Even with going back to school...I'm going to try my hardest with this. I haven't quite figured out what it will be yet....I know it will involve very early mornings...since I will be at school around 7:30 and I have to spend about 45 minutes dropping Hannah off at my parents....plus give us a long enough time to get ready and packed up for the day...ugh...cringing just thinking about it!

2) Be the best mother I can be. Since I will be spending less time with Nana, I want to make every minute count. Night times will be for reading books, family dinners, etc. No plopping her in the pack and play so I can get the dishes done...those can get done later. I also want to plan a big birthday bash for her and lots of fun family trips once the weather warms up.

3) Finish school. Dreading it...but I'll feel so accomplished knowing its done.

4) Work on being the best "me". Pregnancy does a number on you....and being a mom is hard work. Some people bounce back SO fast and I am so confused! I still have some extra weight, a floofy belly, NEVER do my hair (talking straight into a bun-out-of-the-shower) hair, and I probably put on makeup ONCE every other week. In fact....for the first week of moving we couldn't even find where my makeup bag went during the packing process! Anyways...I've been feeling a little...ehhh "dumpy". I hate that feeling...it makes me have low confidence and self-esteem...and nobody likes that. I want to start running every evening and actually spend time on myself. It's hard when you want to put your baby first...but I'm starting to realize that for my own sanity sometimes I need to make sure I get time, too.

5) Be a better wife. I put Hannah first so often, that I realize I tend to leave N to fend for himself sometimes. This year I am going to try and find that middle ground and make sure that he feels appreciated and loved, too. It's a weird adjustment...my instinct is to always cater to Hannah's every need...(as is Noah's) but I also want Hannah to grow up in a happy home and see what a happy and loving marriage looks like. So far, we've been doing a great job of that...but I don't want things to change, so I want to work on putting even more effort into our marriage.

That's it! Happy New Year everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Those are some great goals Shan! I know you will be able to accomplish them all because you are amazing at everything you do, happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great! I am so excited for your student teaching experience...even though it's bittersweet, going to teach little kinders will be so much fun! I have similar resolutions (#4 and #5) and I FEEEEEEL YA, SISTER! I think I've broken a world record for wearing the same pair of pajamas (which yes, I put back on after showering) and wearing a wet granny bun umpteen days in a row. I feel SO glam :) I definitely need to make more of an effort to actually put myself together...I never thought I'd turn into a frumpy mom and I need to nip it in the butt now! Maybe we can hold each other accountable by texting pics of ourselves to each other daily, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kort! I think that is a great idea! Definitely will hold us accountable! Can't wait to see you and the little lady. :) Love you!

      Delete
  3. These are great resolutions Shan! Love you friend. Can't wait to watch your family grow :) You and Whort are BOTH the most beautiful mamas ever. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu're going to love student teaching Shan! And I'll pass along all of my TPA materials so you can use them for reference. You're going to have a wonderful year friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's going to be so helpful, Jess! :)

      Delete