Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, February 25, 2013

Checking in...

Hi friends!

Just wanted to check in.

I think I forgot to mention that I am going on a bit of a blogging break until my student teaching is over. It's just too hard for me to keep up with la bloggy during this time.

How's it going, you ask? Oh you know....pretty much awful. But, as of Wednesday (also Hannah's 9 month birthday!!!) I am halfway done.

Why is it awful? Honestly, I think its because I hate being away from Hannah. I don't know how working Mama's do it. My heart literally breaks every morning when I have to say good-bye to her. I cry every single morning and instead of working on stuff for school...I spend hours coming up with excuses for why I just need to quit. Friends, I've gone through them all....and in the end, I know I just need to finish. I'm almost halfway done and I think I would kick myself later in life for just not finishing now.

It's tough though...there really isn't anything going on at school that makes it bad (I mean Kindergartners will be Kindergartners) but every morning I drop Hannah off and head to school and am SO resentful for having to be there. I know it doesn't make sense and it's nobody's fault but mine for not finishing it earlier. But I tend to carry that resentful feeling through my day and it doesn't exactly put a positive spin on anything I do.

I also haven't done.....ANYTHING.....that I need to be doing during my student teaching...and its safe to say that I'm starting to panic because its kind of a lot. But...we wake up at 5:30am every day so that I can get myself and Hannah ready, out the door by 6:45am to drive all the way to Woodinville to drop Hannah off, then turn around and drive back to Kirkland to get to school by 8. I leave school anywhere between 4-5pm and have to go pick up Hannah and then battle traffic back home. So by the time I get home each night, its usually around 6:30pm and all I want to do is make dinner for my family and play with and enjoy being with them. I certainly don't want to lock myself in the office for hours to work on school stuff.

Anyways...enough of my ranting. Basically, the next 6 weeks are going to be torture since I will have to buckle down and get stuff done. So think good thoughts for me!

In other (more fun) news. This weekend I'm hosting one of best friends bridal shower and bachelorette party! I have some fun things in store...but most importantly I'm excited to get to spend time with her before she moves off to New Mexico!

Also...this little lady is coming ashore in time for the bachelorette festivities and is staying for an elongated sleep over! I haven't seen her since before my wedding and I can't wait to catch up and hear all about her world travels.

All right friends, that's all I've got for now. I know I am on a bloggy break...but stay tuned for Hannah's 9 month post this week (I've missed a few months, so I want to make sure I document this one).

Have a great Monday loves!

P.S. Since a picture-less post is no fun...enjoy these recent's of my sweet love.

Love those sweet cheeks and wittle fingers

First time at the park

Hanging with her friends

First time in the swing

Little diva

3 comments:

  1. You can do it Shan! I'll still totally help with TPA things Sunday if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I just read this... as I sit in your living room. hahah. Thanks again for letting me crash here boo! Love your home and your adorable family! Come home now so I can snuggle Hannah some more!

    ReplyDelete