Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

......and we're back!

Hi ladies! I'm happy to announce that we are back in business! I am done with my paper (crossing my fingers here that we don't have any more re-do's) and just waiting on my lovely and beautiful scholarly editor to get back to me and then I can officially turn my paper in! Which means, blogging can resume! I know its New Years Eve....so I won't chat your ear off. I just wanted to share a few things on my mind.

1. Pregnancy. I have 5 weeks left. Seriously. I kind of can't even believe it. On one hand, I am ready to be done....like yesterday. This pregnancy has been tough, to say the least. Everything hurts.all.the.time. Like places that I won't even share with you....its not comfortable. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and found out that little mister has already dropped...which explains the "bowling ball between your legs" feeling. But probably the weirdest sensation is feeling him touch my hip bones. I can't express how strange of a feeling it is to have something (or in this case, someone ;) hit your bones FROM THE INSIDE. Obviously he's just not floating around in my bones...but he can still hit them and its not fun. Anyways....as ready as I am to be done, done, done....I am also extremely anxious. Instant butterflies the second I think about the labor and delivery process. I'm more nervous this time around than I was with Hannah, and I think its because I really just gave birth 19 months ago. It's still pretty fresh in my mind. Eek. Anyways...moving on and trying not to think about THAT. I have a feeling this little man is going to come early, and as long as he gives me a couple more weeks to get some things done, I am A OKAY with that.

2. G's room. We are finished! Noah and I had to cancel plans one weekend since we were sick, so we were stuck at home all weekend with nothing to do. We decided to get into the baby's room and ended up finishing it that weekend! We've put together all the furniture, I've washed and put away his clothes, set up his toys, set up his dresser and changing table...I've even half packed his diaper bag for the hospital! It's a huge relief to have that done! I still need to add decor; his walls are looking pretty bare, but the essentials are done! I don't want to share pictures quite yet...I want the little man to be the first one to "see" his room before I post them on the internet, but we went with a nautical theme and I've been thinking about some ideas for decor and I just can't make up my mind. Here are some of my inspirations...




3. ISO shops on Instagram. A new friend introduced me to these closet shops on Instagram yesterday, and I am already obsessed! Basically its women selling baby clothing, either new with tags or very gently used on Instagram. You just follow the shops and then when you see something you want, you comment with your paypal email. It's all designer brands (Zara, Freshly Picked, Boden Baby, Gap, etc) and its all discounted (and some of it literally still has tags on it!) I might have purchased a pair of Freshly Picked moccs (brand new, never tried on) for Hannah today to go with her "meeting baby brother" outfit. Tell me these aren't the cutest little things you have ever seen....

Anyways...if any of my mommy friends want more info, let me know! I'd be happy to share some of the shops I have been stalking. :)

4. New Years Resolutions. I've been thinking about what resolutions I want to make this year. I want to make some resolutions that I will actually stick to. I've been known to make the typical "lose weight" resolution and then forget about my new healthy eating and diet plan a few weeks later. I'll share what I come up with tomorrow.

5. Hannah. My little girl is growing up SO fast. I can't believe she is 19 months old! I know I say it all the time on this blog, but it truly is amazing the kind of love you have for your baby. I honestly never knew in a million years that I could love someone this much. She's just the coolest little girl and I love that I get to spend my whole day with her...everyday! She is getting more and more of a personality every day...and a sassy one, at that! She already has "the eye" that she gives me when she's annoyed by me...and I swear she has already rolled her eyes at me on TWO separate occasions. She loves playing Mama to her babies...she feeds them, bathes them, puts them to bed...its pretty adorable. She is going to be the best big sister to her little brother! As ready as I am to meet G, it just reminds me how precious little time I have left with Hannah as my one and only. Noah and I decided to not make plans with anyone for New Years Eve this year, as it is our last holiday as a family of three. We are spending the whole day soaking up our time together and have plenty of fun activities planned for Nan's.


I hope everyone has a wonderful (and safe!) night tonight. Happy New Year friends!

1 comment: