Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bump Update: 37 Weeks!

37 Weeks! 


How far along? Oh me, oh my! 37 weeks and full term baby! I absolutely can't believe we are here. This is the 'pins and needles' part of pregnancy. :) 
Size and growth of Baby? Baby G is a whopping 6.3 pounds and 19.25 inches long. My OB's nurse practitioner thinks we might be looking at a slightly smaller baby...by the way I am carrying him, she thinks he's about 5 pounds right now. My OB however, thinks that IF we go to term (yes, there is an 'if') ;) that G will be slightly bigger than Hannah was...so we're talking in the 8 pound range. Doable. 
Maternity Clothes? Hardly even those....I do HAVE to buy a maternity dress this week...Noah's work does AFTER Christmas Holiday parties and we have one every weekend for the next few weekends here. It absolutely kills me to have to buy a maternity dress this late in the game. I will wear it exactly 3 times. Grrrrrr.
Weight Gain? I'm about 30 pounds up. If I gain 1 more pound for every week I have left, I should be under the 35 recommended mark and right around where I was with Hannah. 
Stretch Marks?  Bad news friends....I found one. A real one this time. Right around my belly button. I can hardly be mad....its my little man growing! No more though, G....seriously. 
Gender? Still boy! 
Movement? Oh yes. Painful movement now. No longer the cute little flutters...this baby is out.of.room. 
Sleep? Not doing so great here. I wake up several times a night and then can't fall back asleep. I hate it when people say "oh get all the rest you can now! Soon you'll have two!" Ummm.....HOW?! Seriously though...how? How do I "stock" up on sleep? And....how do I sleep with one baby kicking the daylights out of me and the other baby running around the house like the crazy little toddler that she is?! 
Food Cravings/Aversions?  I've been continuing to crave lobster tail....despite having lobster approximately 1 other time in my life. G has expensive taste. ;) Also my nightly chocolate milk. No aversions....however, smells are still continuing to bother me again. 
What I Miss? Sleeping on my stomach...actually sleeping in general. (Side note: When I was pregnant with Hannah I remember being SO excited to be able to sleep on my stomach again...however, nobody told me how painful it would be to do that once your milk came in.....) It will be a long while before I get to do that again. 
Symptoms? Heartburn still. I'm trying out a few things recommended to me by some friends so we will see! I heard an old wives tale that heartburn means the baby will have a lot of hair. I definitely have more heartburn than I did with Hannah, so it will be an interesting theory to test. I am also EXHAUSTED. Like, can't make it through the day without 1-2 naps. Luckily I have a toddler that is a pretty good napper, otherwise this Mama would be cray-zee!   Also, contractions, contractions, contractions! I've been having back labor contractions, regular contractions, braxton hicks contractions, cramping...you name it....nothing has been in a pattern or timable...womp womp.....but I can't help but feel like this little guy is going to make his debut a little earlier than predicted. My guess is January 26th, Noah's guess is January 30th....we will see! 
Best Moment of the Week?  Oh you know.....getting the word that I officially GRADUATED from grad school! 
Worst Moment of the Week?  Hmmm.....just being tired. The other night I started crying while making mac and cheese for Hannah because I was just too tired to continue stirring to mix the cheese powder with the noddles. I wish I was kidding. 
What Noah is saying...  "Pack your bags!" "I'm so excited!" .....He's pretty cute. He's been bugging me to pack my hospital bags for a few weeks now. He wants to be fully prepared. He is also crazy excited. He keeps randomly being like "Just think...in a few weeks we will have little baby G sleeping RIGHT.HERE!" He also loves being at the hospital. We had a crazy good time at the hospital when we delivered Hannah. I mean...minus the initial stress and pain....it was such a good memory...hanging out in our post partum room, watching shows, ordering up food and having nothing to do but snuggle our newborn. He's super excited for that experience again.
Other Thoughts? I have a lot of mixed emotions about hitting full term. On one hand, I am crazy excited. I get good butterflies when I think about the possibility of going into labor any minute. It's the best part of pregnancy...I love the suspense and the 'pins and needles' stage where you wake up every morning and the first thing you do is check to see if your water broke or you feel any contractions. I am SO excited and ready to meet this little guy. On the other hand....I get some not-so-good butterflies when I think about what I have to do before and after little G decides to make his arrival. It's not fun friends....and I'm not afraid to admit that I am downright nervous. I also have a checklist of everything I want to get done before G gets here and I'm freaking out that not everything is done. Technically yes....G could come right now and I'd be prepared...but for whatever reason, I feel like he just can't come until I complete my list. 


8 comments:

  1. Exciting Shan! Glad things overall are going smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Mr. G to get here!!! And congrats on graduating!!!! Giving you a big hug and a kiss all the way from Oklahoma!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! Thanks Heath! Miss you :)

      Delete
  3. I've always had an inkling about the 26th too!!! It's Russell's birthday, and since Presley was born on your wedding day, G is due on our anniversary, (etc.), I've just always felt it would be the 26th when you predicted he'd be early. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be hilarious! It would also be funny if he came on his due date and then both our babes would have birthday's on our anniversaries :) too funny! Love you friend!

      Delete