Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

23 Weeks

It's been 2 weeks since I did a "bump update." I have been so busy with school and work that I have not had any time at all to update. But, I want to print these off and put them in a scrapbook for Hannah so she can see it one day...so I am making the time to update this morning! 


I haven't updated a picture in a while...but I promise I will do that next week! 


How far along? 23 weeks-116 more days! 

Size and growth of Baby Hannah?  This week our little munchkin is more than 11 inches long and over 1 pound. Her sense of movement is developing so all my baby websites and books suggest starting to dance around for her....hmm....I'll do it for the babe...but NOBODY gets to laugh. ;) In other developments, the blood vessels in Hannah's little lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. Her ears are also becoming very good at picking up sounds, which also prepare her for birth. Any sounds she hears regularly now (like dogs barking, vacuum cleaners, loud music, etc.) will not scare her because she will have been accustomed to them. 

Maternity Clothes? Yes, yes, yes. 

Weight Gain? A whopping total of 15 pounds! I didn't weight myself last week....but I was still shocked to see that I had gained a whole 6 pounds in the last two weeks! Hannah must have gone through a massive growth spurt....or people are just being too kind when saying that I do not look like I have gained any weight. ;)

Stretch Marks? Not yet....but with my giant weight gain the past two weeks I am just a-waiting.

Gender? Girly girl.

Movement? She is a mover! I have noticed an increase in the strength behind her kicks and movements over the past two weeks (which might explain the weight gain). She loves to kick my bladder...which is fun for everyone. She's been getting so strong that we can actually see her kicks on my stomach! Last night my mom, Noah and I were having fun watching her kick and roll around. It's a pretty cool experience. 

Sleep? This has its moments. I have nights that I am able to sleep through the whole night...but most nights I am flipping from side to side (its hard to get comfortable when you have 15 pounds of stomach hanging out in front of you), waking up with back pains and having to move to the recliner couch in our room, or getting up to use the restroom. This past week has been especially fun because Hannah's fun kicks to my bladder have me scrambling out of sleep and the bed...only to realize that I do no actually have to use the restroom....just a little kick. :)

Food Cravings/Aversions?  Chicken has been a slight aversion lately, but nothing too extreme. I have been craving candy and ice-cream lately (this might also have attributed to the 6 pound weight gain ;) 

What I Miss? Nothing really...if I had to pick one thing it would be sleeping through the night. But when I get really frustrated with not being able to sleep I think about how its just a sign that my pregnancy is going great and Hannah is getting stronger by the day....so I can't really complain! 

Symptoms? Heartburn hits me every now and then....but other than that its smooth sailing! 

Best Moment of the Week? Being able to feel the baby gain strength. Up to this point, I could really only read about her developments and gains...but it is so amazing to be able to actually feel and see those developments behind every strong kick and every movement. 
Another good moment of the week...I bought my wedding dress today!! So exciting! 

Worst Moment of the Week?  Hm..I woke up the other day with the worst cramp in my leg...but other than that everything has been going great! 

Other Thoughts? I have been crazy busy with everything lately. Having a baby, planning a wedding, working everyday, going to my internship 2 times a week, and doing crazy amounts of homework each night are really starting to catch up to me. I decided I am going to take a "mental health" break tomorrow and skip out on my internship just so I can stay home and try and catch up on homework, the blog, and some wedding stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment