I was about to type up a wonderful weekend recap of our Easter weekend....however, after scouring pictures of myself from the weekend and trying to find the most flattering one or the one where you can't see my whole body....I have decided to talk about something that is on my mind today. Diets.
They suck....obviously. But they suck more when you actually have weight to lose.
I have about 20 pounds of baby weight to lose still. 20 pounds friends! That's a whole Hannah! Okay.....15 pounds until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight...but my ultimate goal is about 20.
I feel like I've done a lot of random crash diets. I've tried Weight Watchers, Atkins, Eating Clean and most recently Yeast Free. All of them have their pros and cons.
I'm pretty good about not yo-yo dieting though. My weight doesn't fluctuate a whole lot (umm.....forget about Freshmen year) but losing baby weight is another whole story.
Unfortunately for me, my biggest pregnancy craving was anything and everything sweet. I had to have a chocolate milk at least once a day, and never in my life have I consumed more candy. Now I wasn't going crazy by any means.....but I had a chocolate or some small candy about once every other day. Might not seem like a lot to my friends with a sweet tooth....but I was NOT a candy eater at all. Of course....after spending almost 9 months eating like that....I certainly wasn't going to change after Hannah arrived. However, I had breastfeeding to help combat those extra calories........until, of course, I wasn't breastfeeding anymore. Suddenly my daily intake of calories was/is MUCH higher than my outtake of calories......and the rest is history.
Now.....last week I attempted Yeast Free. It's awesome....if you can live with a lot of restrictions. You can't eat starch, carbs, sugars, dairy, and fruit. Basically its protein and most veggies. I actually was doing great on it and lost 5 pounds almost immediately.....but then Noah's family came into town for the Easter weekend and I lost it. It was way too hard to make my meals while trying to accommodate several other people. For example....Friday night, everyone wanted Mac and Cheese and hot dogs (we are very sophisticated, obviously).....I can eat NONE of that. I mean...I guess I could eat just the hot dog without the mac and cheese and a bun.....and ketchup. But who wants that? Saturday....we went out to lunch and had some drinks with the whole family....pretty much nothing on the menu that I could order that would a)fill me up and b) not look like an idiot ordering....."ummmm I'll have the chicken enchilada....hold the tortilla, cheese, sour cream, corn, blah blah blah". No thanks!
Long story short.....I'm sure its a good diet.....if you can stick with it. For me....it was easy to follow during the week...I made Noah and I dinner and simply just did not put the starchy side on my plate. But, again, its too hard to follow if you don't have time to meal plan, have people over, or are going to eat out.
So I'm back to square one. I have an idea for a diet....I'm going to try and follow Bethenny Frankel's "Naturally Thin".....and to hold myself accountable I am going to post my goal and some pictures.
Goal: lose 20 pounds
Pre-Baby.
Now.
Okay, my goal is to update this ol' blog every Wednesday with a weight check in and diet progress report. Again, my goal is a weight loss of 20 pounds....ideally by the beginning of June, but I know that's a lofty goal.
Okay...now that I have thoroughly bored everyone with my baby weight woes....I will say goodbye! But not before a little countdown reminder....2.more.days. That's all!





I didn't think the yeast free diet was very doable. I'm going to look up your newest diet. I'm in need of a difference one too. I'm horrible at this! Good luck friend!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it amig! Love you!
ReplyDelete