Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What now?

Sooo.....student teaching is over!!! My last week was a big blur! I was hoping to use that week to slowly get back into blogging, but I was surprisingly busy with tying up all loose ends. 
The kids surprised me with the cutest gifts on my last day; gift certificates to Barnes and Noble (to get smarter), Starbucks (to wake up), and H&M (to look good), flowers, candy, cards, and my favorite-a crate painted white and decorated with all of my kiddos finger prints made into little bugs....and then they put all of their favorite books into the crate. It was so sweet and I definitely had trouble holding back the tears. 
Those kids were so funny and always made my day, so it was a bittersweet day for me. But, I am chaperoning their field trip on May 2nd and have plans to go back and visit on my day's off...so it's not good-bye yet! 



But with student teaching officially done....what now?! 

Unfortunately I still have quite a bit of school projects to do (Teacher Performance Assessment, Research paper, Performance Tasks, and Portfolio).....but all of that will be done by June, when I officially and FINALLY graduate! 
At least the hard part of my Masters is over with. ;) 

I am also diving head first into planning Hannah's first birthday party. Her theme is "You are my sunshine." I have lots of ideas and inspiration pinned to my Pinterest board, which you can check out here. There's going to be lots of yellow's, pinks and pops of teal. Hopefully the weather cooperates because I have a lot of fun outdoor ideas for picture opportunities, games and even a cake smash setup. Keep your fingers crossed for those May flowers! 

I also am starting a new nanny position next Monday for an almost 4-month old baby girl. I am bringing Hannah with me and only work 4 days a week, so its perfect to finish out the school year. From there I can decide what the plan is for next year. Is it crazy that I still have no idea what I want to do?! Work, stay home, or nanny and bring Hannah with me? There are pros and cons to everything and I can't decide which decision is best for us. 

Other projects that are keeping me occupied are helping with the planning process for two of my very best friends weddings...one in May and the other in August, online scrap-booking our last two years, trying to organize our last two years worth of pictures...any awesome ideas or tips for this?! Planning and getting excited for mine and Hannah's upcoming trip to New Mexico, and working with our contractor for our big landscaping endeavor at the new house. 


On top of all that, I have several different crafts on the back burner that I've been wanting to complete for some time now. And...I have a few projects/ideas that I'm not ready to share quite yet...they are still in the very very early stages of planning, but more on those to come soon!

Lots of fun stuff planned that is definitely going to keep me a busy lady! Can you tell I'm not very good at just sitting back and working on one thing at a time? I think my last year and a half (grad school, baby, wedding, house) is a great example of how I can't NOT juggle several different things at one time! It's exhausting!

Have a great Wednesday everyone. :) Hannah and I are off to meet up with our Realtor for coffee and then to lunch to celebrate a belated birthday with my mom. 



2 comments:

  1. Does "I car for you" mean "I cry for you"? Haha! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's up for debate! I was thinking "I care for you"....but either one is too cute!

      Delete