Weeks 16-21
How far along? 21 Weeks. 132 more days to go!
Size and growth of Baby? Baby G is about 10.5 inches long (length of a banana) and about 12.7 oz.
Maternity Clothes? Yes, yes, yes. I can still wear pre-pregnancy yoga pants and stretchy tops, but jeans and leggings is all maternity.
Weight Gain? I am up 12 pounds so far. I definitely had a weight gain surge in the beginning and am now starting to slow down and gain the recommended 1lb per week. If I keep going at this pace I should gain the exact recommended weight gain...and be pretty close to what I weighed at the end with Hannah.
Stretch Marks? Nope.
Gender? Still boy! We had our anatomy scan a few weeks ago and I was half expecting them to tell me it was really a girl. I was so convinced it was going to be a girl and had this picture of our little family with two baby girls...so its taken me awhile to change that image, but honestly, now I can't picture our family without little G man.
Movement? Tons. Seriously, this little guy is strong. I know they say you feel them earlier and stronger with a second pregnancy, but he kicks HARD. I swear he's trying to kick his way out already. ;) Noah felt him kick for the first time the other night and we can watch him move around now. It's too much fun!
Sleep? Ehhh. I forgot how often I have to get up to use the bathroom in the night. It's pretty exhausting. I've been falling asleep around 9pm every night....I'm just so tired and fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow. Hannah has been super sick for the past week and has been waking up every hour, so that's not helping with the pregnancy tiredness. Oh well! Getting use to having a newborn again, I guess. :)
Food Cravings/Aversions? Nothing crazy. I am loving my nightly chocolate milk like I did with Hannah. I don't have as much of a sweet tooth as I did with H, though. I haven't had too many aversions...I'm still weary on chicken...but nothing compared to how I was first trimester.
What I Miss? Still nothing! I love being pregnant and am really trying to soak up this pregnancy because I really wanted time to fly when I was pregnant with Hannah and then I realized how much I missed feeling her move and having her all to myself. Haha...obviously I'd rather her be "here" but, I missed being pregnant...so I'm trying to soak it up and NOT rush myself through this one.
Symptoms? Exhaustion. Over emotional. Sciatic nerve pain. Some round ligament pains. Heartburn, oh the heartburn. Bad skin :(.
Best Moment of the Week? Feeling the baby kick stronger and having Noah feel him for the first time. Hannah rubbing my belly and giving kisses to baby brother. Making progress with school work.
Worst Moment of the Week? Just dealing with being overly emotional. I cry over everything....and I mean everything. I also get mad super fast....luckily I don't have a crazy temper in general, but if I remember something that made me upset from the past, I get mad enough like it just happened. Its a lot of fun....for everyone. ;)
What Noah is saying... "I can't wait to play Lego's with G!" "You look great, babe!" <----sweet husband
Other Thoughts? Trying not to turn this into a vent....but I am already getting the rude comments from inconsiderate people. We've had negative comments over the name, about my weight gain, parenting choices we are considering, etc.
I keep trying to remind myself that other people's comments and opinions mean nothing...but its hurtful. We've only announced the name to close friends and family (I mean...I have announced it on the blog, but let's be real about who's reading this blog ;) and most of the comments have come from family or close to family......and BEHIND our backs. It literally makes my blood boil. My pregnancy hormones and rage make me want to say something to these particular people....but I'm trying to hold my tongue....for the moment anyways. ;)
I've had the typical "wow, you are only __ weeks?!" and "are you sure there aren't twins in there?" which to be honest...don't bug me. Seriously. Everyone gains pregnancy weight differently and I'm having a healthy baby boy....he obviously needs me to gain the weight!
I had another funny comment the other day. We booked our trip to Hawaii. We leave on Halloween and are staying at the Disney resort, Aulani for 10 days. I'm pretty excited...and even more excited for Hannah to see a real life Mickey and Minnie! Anyways....I was talking to someone and they said "oh bummer you will be pregnant! You can't drink or go in hot tubs or do anything really. It would be a waste of money!" Ummmm...............what. It just made me laugh (good thing they caught me in a good mood)....I mean honestly?
Anyways....typical comments from people who have no filters when it comes to pregnant women. ;)





Omg. Want me to punch them for you? I totally will!
ReplyDeleteHaha yes! ;) I promise I won't vent about it anymore...it's hard to let things go with this preggo rage/hormones. ;) Love you friend!
DeleteLoving your blog updates lately Shan! You are the cutest little momma ever!
ReplyDeleteThanks pretty friend! Miss you!
DeleteI can't believe how rude people have been to you during this pregnancy! I'm really shocked at how people have said mean things about Gs name. It's adorable! I'm sure it'll fit him perfectly. Have fun in Hawaii!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend! I love it...we'll just have to set people straight about names they can't call him. :)
DeleteShan you look SO gorgy in these pics!!! I wish I was closer to give you a BIG hug!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, sweet friend! I miss you tons and wish you lived closer too! I love your insta pics...so jealous of your jcrew style ;)
DeleteLove that bump & love you! I'm with you on the bad skin too...ugh, wtf?! Maybe that means boy for me too? ;)
ReplyDelete