Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday!

Hi friends! First off....ignore my post from yesterday (unless you haven't followed me on Bloglovin yet, of course!) I know I already posted that, but I was trying to update some things and accidentally deleted my account.....

Anyways.....I'm linking up with my absolute FAVORITE blog reads, Darci and Natasha for Five on Friday!


1. Stroller Strides. 

I have officially signed up for Stroller Strides again! Some of you may remember when I did a trial course right after I had Hannah. I loved it back then, but it was a little overwhelming between wedding planning, postpartum issues, a new baby and regular life! But I decided to give it another go and we are in love! It's a great workout for me, and Hannah loves our fun trips to the park and playing with other babies. They are also so accommodating for pregnancy and I feel like I have more energy then ever....despite waking up several times a night to use the restroom!

2. Scentsy.

I think I've been living under a rock, but I just recently heard about the company Scentsy. I'm sure this is old news for a lot of you, but its a company that sells warmers and wax scents that leave a delicious scent throughout your whole house. I love having candles burning, but always worry that Hannah will knock into something that will knock it down, etc....too many things to worry about when you mix candles and toddlers. But Scentsy warmers are heated by a low watt bulb, so its perfectly safe! I've been talked into having a Scentsy party and I'm so excited to see some of their products in person!

3. Cloth Diapers. 

I've recently been seriously thinking about cloth diapering Baby G. If you know me, you might be surprised because up until this point I have been very against cloth diapers due to not so great experiences with them while babysitting other kids. However, I've been doing a lot of research and I'm leaning more and more towards trying them out. I think they are adorable and I like that they are safer for the baby AND the environment. Hannah had such sensitive skin and I kind of wish I had made the jump to cloth diapers with her...but better late than never! Oh.....If we do make the leap to cloth, I'm even entertaining the thought of using cloth wipes. Who am I?!?!

4. Tantrum Land.

We've officially entered the dreaded Tantrum Land. Seriously....it's like some tantrum monster came and took over my sweet baby girl. She hits, screams, throws things,.....and BITES! Seriously. I kind of feel like our pediatrician jinxed us. At her 15 month check up she asked if we've reached the "terrible two's tantrum stage" yet? To which I replied "what?! no! She's an angel!" I was even surprised she brought it up because I thought we had a solid 6 months before we would even think about getting into that stage. Apparently this lovely stage can rear its ugly head anywhere between now and 2....fun fact. Luckily we left the appointment with some tips to handle these tantrums "just in case" they started before her next check up. Oh geeeze. I am in uncharted territory friends....and it's not fun! I guess the silver lining is that it started up while we still have a few months to get a handle on it before Baby G gets here. I can't imagine being new to tantrums AND having a newborn. Ay ya ay!


5. Grass! 


Before we even signed our names on the mortgage agreeing to purchase this house, we knew we were going to have to redo the entire backyard (among several other things!). It's been a huge project and definitely still a work in progress, but our main priorities were to rip out the rotting deck, take out several (which turned into ALL) overgrown trees, rip up all the "grass" which was mostly weeds and moss, level the whole yard and then replace the deck and grow new grass. I am happy to report that we finally have progress and officially have a patio and tiny little grasses growing! I can already picture grilling out next summer while Hannah and G run (and crawl) in the yard. Next up for the Spring...landscaping, patio furniture, and a new fence! Oh the joys of homeownership.


So that's everything I have for you this week! Next week I'm planning a Week 16-20 pregnancy update, as well as Hannah's 15 month update (apparently we skipped her 12 month update, whoops!) and possibly some more Pinterest Yay or Nay's!......I have to come up with a new name for that...haha.

Have a great weekend loves!


3 comments:

  1. The backyard looks awesome!!! What a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backyard looks great! Sorry Hannah has started the tantrums. Apparently Benny has too. My sister is not loving this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Scentsy, I've been buying it for years! The little wall plug in's are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete