Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Graham Ryan: 2 Weeks

*This was meant to go out last Friday (Feb 21st) but being the awesome blogger that I am, I forgot to hit 'submit'. So enjoy this slightly late post. ;)

Weight/Length: 9 lbs 3 oz (75th percentile) 21 1/4 inches (90th percentile)

Hair/Eyes: Hair is light...in the back and little fuzzy's on top. I am kind of in love with the fuzzy's. So sweet! He still has blue eyes, but I'm predicting they turn brown.

Diapers: Newborn during the day and size 1 at night. We've run into a slight dilemma with diapers. The problem is that his little tummy fits either size just fine...however, he has the tiniest little chicken legs and absolutely no butt, so I can't get either diaper tight enough to fit around his legs and little hiney. The result is A LOT of leaks up the sides of the legs and back. I seriously was changing his clothes with every diaper change. But I've found that while he swims in the size 1's, they at least provide more coverage up his back, which prevents some of the leaks.

Clothing: Newborn and 0-3.

Favorite things: Mama's milks.

Likes: He likes being held, which I can't say I mind. I love holding him. He really likes being swaddled, and sucking on his binky. He likes when Mama talks and sings to him. When I lay him on my tummy, he'll twist his head up so he can make eye contact with me and watch me sing to him. It melts my heart. He really loves sleeping on Mama and snuggle under my chin. He seems to like the swing, but hasn't spent too much time in it yet. He also seems to like his carseat and the car. He just looks around (maybe its the change of scenery he likes) and ends up falling asleep while I drive.

Dislikes: Gas pains, poor little man. I hate them too...he scrunches his body up, wriggles around, cries out...there really isn't anything I can do that helps. I try massaging his little tummy and pumping his legs. We've tried gas drops. The next thing to try is eliminating dairy from Mama's diet. I'm starting today, and really hoping we notice a difference in the next few weeks. He also dislikes being cold...which is basically when he comes out of the bath and during diaper changes if I use cold wipes.

Sleeping: He sleeps great! (Knock on wood). He sleeps for about 4 hour stretches at night, and then will just fuss until I wake up to feed him. He doesn't cry. He also sleeps in the bassinet! This is a huge change from Hannah...she wouldn't sleep anywhere but on top of me and would wake up crying every couple of hours. I'm really hoping this sleep pattern sticks around. :) Graham has been slightly stuffy the past few days (normal newborn congestion from living in fluid) which really effects him at night. I would wake up to hear him having trouble breathing through his nose, so we purchased an inclined sleeping wedge that he currently spends most the night in.

Milestones: He's been lifting his head since day 1. He's very alert and curious about sounds. When I have the T.V. on, he'll stop what he's doing and listen for the direction of the sound and then turn his head to look at it. It's adorable. He also is a smiley little guy...some smiles might be from gas, but he smiles a lot when I run my finger gently on his little cheek. We also had our first outing on Feb 18th to his well-baby check up and to Target. He did awesome, and it only took me a few minutes to get the hang of having a newborn in public and nursing in public again.

Mama Thoughts: So far I've lost about 16 pounds. I'm feeling pretty good, recovery wise, and definitely getting sick of laying in bed all day. Monday is our first day on our own, and I'm slightly anxious about it.

So far, everything seems to be running relatively smoothly though. My hormones seem to be in check....so far....meaning my emotional breakdowns have been far and few between. ;) Just kidding. Luckily, the good ol' 'baby blues' haven't seem to hit me...in fact, I'm feeling the opposite. I'm over the moon happy and constantly reminded how in love I am with this little man. And.....I am slightly embarrassed to admit this...but I actually have baby fever! Yes....I am crazy. I am 100% positive its the hormones though. I'm on some kind of 'baby high' still. Oh geeze!





No comments:

Post a Comment