*This is one week late...but we've been sick, so I haven't had time to post.
Weight/Length: 10 lbs 13 oz (75th-90th percentile) 22.5 inches (75th-90th percentile)
Hair/Eyes: Hair is light. He has the sweetest little peach fuzzy's on the top of his head. Eyes are bright blue. Love them!
Diapers: He's filling out his size 1 diapers much better, despite his tiny little legs and no-butt.
Clothing: 0-3 month and some 3 month clothes.
Favorite things: Mama's milks and being held.
Likes: Looking around, he's getting more and more curious! He loves being held and listening to Mama sing and talk to him. He loves smiling and cooing; its about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. He loves laying quietly on his back in his crib...I think it's his spot to just rest and be calm from the chaos that is big sister Hannah. ;) He loves snuggling up in his baby carrier (Baby K'tan).
Dislikes: The two main culprits are gas pains and being cold. His gas pains are still bugging him, but they have gotten noticeably better (and I didn't end up having to eliminate dairy...I tried and didn't notice much of a difference). He doesn't love bath time, but is fine when we run the warm water over him. He is getting better about diaper changes and the coldness of the wipes, but still isn't a huge fan. He also does not like getting his little nose suctioned out...which unfortunately has to happen a lot due to his congestion.
Sleeping: Still sleeping pretty well. He's been more congested at night lately, so we have him sleeping on his reclined sleeper every night, which seems to help. He naps on and off throughout the day and then usually goes down for bed anytime between 9-10 pm. He has his longest stretch of sleep during the first part of the night...so he'll usually sleep from about 9-10pm until about 2-3am. After that he will eat and doze off every hour or so until it's time for me to get up. Unfortunately I have not been able to get myself to fall asleep any earlier than 11pm...so even though he sleeps for a good 5 hours in the night, I am only sleeping for a few hours of that. And then I just doze off with him during the second half of the night, but I don't get a good sleep in since he feeds on demand during that time. Someday I'll figure it out! :)
Health: He had his first cold; lots of sneezing and coughing. Poor guy. He also broke out into a pretty awful rash on his face and cradle cap on his head. Our pediatrician said to just keep his face and head clean and it will clear up on its own in time, but I've been experimenting with putting breast milk on his rash and cradle cap....and its working! Hopefully it will be gone in no time.
Milestones: He has lots of smiles, its so cute. He's also starting to try and mimic our faces. He'll open his mouth wide when I open mine and tries SO hard to stick out his tongue when I stick out mine. He's also starting to coo at us when we talk to him. It's my favorite thing about the newborn stage...so sweet to hear their little voices. Now that his cord is off, we've been doing more tummy time, which he tolerates pretty well. He loves looking around and will try to kick his little legs back to move forward. I'm thinking he will crawl earlier than Hannah did....she just laid there with her head up during tummy time. ;) He's been on many play dates and shopping trips so far...thanks to big sister. I usually keep him in his baby wrap to keep strangers and germs away, but he mostly just sleeps through everything anyways.
Mama Thoughts: I'm down 23 pounds and seem to have stalled here. Unfortunately I still have about 18 pounds to lose until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight...and then an additional 8 pounds to get to my pre-Hannah weight! So still a lot of work to do!
It's been so much fun watching Graham and Hannah interact. Graham has gone from being very skeptical of his big sister, to completely amused and content by her. When he is fussing Hannah will go over to him and talk to him or try to put his binky in to calm him down. Sometimes she will be playing and will just randomly get up and go sit by Graham and give him a kiss. It literally makes me cry to see her being so sweet to her little brother. I love how much she loves him.
Letter:
Little man,
I can't believe you are already 1 month old! It doesn't even seem possible that it's been a whole month since we walked into that operating room and met you for the first time. You have been such an amazingly easy baby. I keep waiting for the "period of purple crying" that we most definitely experienced with Hannah....but you don't seem to have any specific time of extreme fussiness. In fact, you only fuss when you are hungry and if you are cold.
My favorite thing you do right now is your coo'ing and smiling. You smile at me the second you see my face and you start cooing. I really think you are trying to talk to me and it's so cute. I also love that you look around the whole room for me when you hear my voice.
I really can't believe how lucky we are to have you in our lives. You are the perfect addition to our family, little man. These past 4 weeks have been the best and I have loved you for every second of every one of them!
I love you.
Love,
Mama










No comments:
Post a Comment