It's been two weeks since we brought our precious little guy into the world and I bet you are just dying to know what we have been up to. ;) Okay, I bet not...but I am going to share with you anyways.
Our first week at home was pretty much all recovery. We were so lucky that Noah was able to take the whole week off to stay at home with us as we adjusted to being a family of four. Prior to Graham's birth, I had visions of us spending the week all playing together and giving Hannah plenty of time to get to know her new little brother. Unfortunately with my c-section recovery, I was unable to get out of bed much...let alone walk up and down stairs. That meant that Noah pretty much had Hannah (and Mama) care 24/7 and I had Graham care 24/7....so we didn't actually get a lot of quality time altogether. I definitely missed my little girl that first week. It was tough to say the least...especially with post-partum hormones going crazy. I called my doctor a few times practically crying because I was convinced that all the symptoms I had were not normal...apparently they are very normal. Haha.
Our second week was much better. Unfortunately Noah had to go back to work, but my Momma came to stay with us for the whole week. She was a huge help with everything Hannah related. I ended up signing Hannah up for gymnastics, just to give her something to do to get out of the house, which she started this week. I am so excited for when I feel up to taking her. I hear she loves the trampoline and foam pit. ;)
We didn't do much for Valentine's day. In fact, I pretty much slept through it. I did get around to taking pictures of the babies in their Valentine's day outfits, however they didn't turn out at all how I imagined. Graham was still too little to fill out his outfit, and I was not feeling well enough to really get creative with my photography. Regardless, I documented Graham's first holiday, and that's good enough!
These pictures just make me laugh. From the grumpy toddler, to the screaming baby, to the dripping chalkboard paint pen...I'm blaming my pain meds!
Graham is doing wonderfully! We had our first outing on Tuesday (Feb 18th) for his 7 day well-baby check up and for a trip to Target. He did wonderfully. He is about 9 lbs and 21 inches, so he's definitely growing! He rarely ever cries...in fact the only time he cries is when he's cold (he hates diaper changes with cold wipes) and when he has gas. Which, unfortunately is a lot. I feel awful for the little man. He has the worst gas pains...something we noticed just 24 hours after he was born. He wriggles in pain and scrunches his face up. We chatted at his appointment about it and fear that it might be an allergy to dairy...which means Mama needs to cut ALL dairy out of her diet. I'm in the process of learning more about this lifestyle change and plan to start ASAP. I can't stand to see my little guy in pain....and if I happen to lose weight faster in the process, that's just an added bonus to him feeling better. ;)
Hannah has been adjusting relatively well...this week has been tough on her though. She doesn't quite understand why Mama can't spend as much time with her and she has definitely been giving my mom a run for her money by fighting diaper changes, meal times, and naps. She clings to me and wants me to do all of that with her instead. I feel pretty awful that I can't quite juggle everything on top of continuing my recovery...but I'm very hopeful that next week (our first week on our own!) will have things return to normal.
So, I think that about catches us up! I am SUPER excited for this weekend...I WON a free newborn photo session for this Saturday! We decided not to do newborn photos for Graham because they are ridiculously expensive and I knew I wanted updated family photos done in the Fall anyways. But I randomly emailed this photographer about a newborn model ad (not realizing it was a giveaway) and she emailed me yesterday that she picked us for the newborn session! I am SO excited. We have pictures at noon tomorrow and I get the pictures and all printing rights...for FREE!
Then we have a few fun playdates to look forward to on Monday and Tuesday next week....a nice transition into our first week alone.
Have a great weekend friends!





Those Valentine pictures of Hannah holding and kissing him are precious!! They are too sweet. Both Krista and Carisa (she just started) are dairy-free for similar reasons and Krista has lost a ton of weight and said she feels better overall herself ;) You'll do great! Excited to see you three manana!! xo
ReplyDeleteLove hearing all this cute stories :) So happy your recovering well and that things are getting more and more adjusted around the house. LOVE the FREE newborn shots too..thats awesome! Miss you ! Wish I could be there to help and visit with you!
ReplyDeleteUm btw this is EM..and I have NO idea why my blog profile says "miss seahorse"..I also didn't know I had a blog profile. This is weird... haha.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're doing great with the babies. I am sure its tough but you're a strong mama!! As always just remember to enjoy iy. You know how fast they grow! Keep the updates coming. Love reading them!
ReplyDelete