Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, February 13, 2012

25 Weeks!

How far along? 25 weeks-105 more days to go! 

Size and growth of Baby Hannah?  The Little Miss is about 13 and a half inches long and a pound and a half this week! She is starting to fill out a little bit and looking more and more like an infant every day! She is also starting to grow some hair. 

Maternity Clothes? Oh yes. I've been actually wearing regular t-shirts to bed...but even those now are becoming too tight...guess I will have to look for some bigger bed wear! 

Weight Gain? I actually lost a pound since my appointment last week so I am at a total weight gain of 16 pounds.

Stretch Marks? Still nothing yet! I've started getting pretty itchy though, so I've been slathering on the lotion lately....not that is proven to help with stretch mark prevention...but it makes me feel like I am doing something.

Gender? A little missy! 

Movement? Still lots of movement! Last week Noah was telling me a story about his day at work and all of the sudden I yelped because she kicked me SO hard out of nowhere! It was definitely her strongest kick yet! Then, on Sunday I was sitting on the couch watching a movie and all of the sudden it felt like she dragged a little hand or foot down my stomach. It was the strangest feeling! I love being able to feel her move though. :) 

Sleep? Oh this question again....still the same...no sleep due to back pain. I've tried bringing in the "boppy" again but that doesn't work as well as it did in the beginning. I do feel slightly better when I move to the recliner...but I can't actually fall asleep there, so its mostly a last resort that I move over there just to take a break from the pain. I am going to start incorporating prenatal yoga into my day to see if that helps at all. 

Food Cravings/Aversions?  So the other day Kelly was reading my blog and came down and asked why I kept saying that I didn't have any cravings. I had no idea what she was talking about until she pointed out how much fruit I eat now (the funny part is that while she mentioned this I happened to be eating a giant bowl of raspberries, strawberries and grapes that I was sprinkling with small amounts of sugar). I realized how right she was! I use to HATE eating fruit. I've always been a veggies girl. Fruit has just always been too sugary, sweet and sour for me. Now here I am eating giant bowls of fruit WITH sugar. So I've learned two things this week: 1) It is very obvious that I am having a girl due to the amount of sugar I consume on a daily basis and 2) I am not a very observant person...even when it has to do with myself! 
P.S. I asked Kelly if I have had any aversions...just to be sure and she said "no, except sometimes meat." Phew! At least I got that part right!

What I Miss? Being able to move around with ease and not being an emotional wreck. 

Symptoms? Emotional breakdowns. Seriously...it's actually insane at the amount of things I cry about. I've always considered myself to be a moderately emotional person...you know...tearing up over sad commercials and movies; perhaps shedding a few emotional tears after one too many glasses of wine (shhhh! Let's keep this one a secret from Hannah ;) but that was NOTHING compared to the emotional mess I have become. I'll give you a little taste.
I was supposed to go on a trip to Spokane with my friends last weekend to visit one of our friends (and future bride!) but had been going back and forth on whether it would be a good idea or not. It was my first weekend off from school for the quarter and I couldn't decide what would be best. In the end, I took into account how tired I have been lately and my emotional-ness...so I sadly opted to stay home and use the weekend to recuperate
I knew it was a good decision, but I was still very pouty about it all Friday night. Saturday I woke up late thinking I had made a really good decision. I walked downstairs and took one look at Hudson (who had been digging a hole outside and was COVERED in dirt) and burst into tears. Hmmm....not just tears....uncontrollable sobs. I was so upset that I was going to have to take Hudson down to the pet wash place, when I had ditched my friends on a fun weekend in order to get some rest. Needless to say, it wasn't that big of a deal and I was still able to enjoy some down time.
Then on Sunday I was sitting on the floor playing with our family's new puppy, Pumbaa. He got excited by something outside and started scrambling for the door, scratching my knee and knocking me in the chin in the process. For some reason it hurt really bad and I got a few tears in my eyes. Then I noticed that Noah hadn't noticed me in pain....so I started to cry....while sitting on the floor....like a child. I cried for a good 5 minutes before he noticed and came over. Then I cried even harder because I realized how ridiculous I was being and how if I cry over a small scratch and chin bump from a puppy....how on earth am I going to manage giving birth?! 
Anyways...I think we all get the point...I am SO excited to feel like myself again! 

Best Moment of the Week? Making progress on wedding planning! We officially have a photographer and are in the final stages of booking a D.J. It is SO nice that I have so much extra free time to really get going on some of this stuff.

Worst Moment of the Week?  I'm going to say the emotional breakdowns...we don't really need to get into that again...you guys get the gist. ;) 

Other Thoughts? I decided to look more into the glucose test I have to take this week to figure out what the big deal is...and I have to say I'm a little nervous about it now. According to a forum on BabyCenter a lot of soon-to-be momma's in the "May 2012 Baby" group have failed the test! Since I am due at the end of May...this group has been really helpful to turn to because they are all going through everything just one to two weeks ahead of me so it was a little disconcerting to find out that more than half of them failed it! I guess if you fail the first one, you take a second 3-hour long test...if you fail that, you are monitored closely and advised to change your diet...aka less sugar and carbs. I'm pretty much convinced that I am going to fail the first test since I am now aware of how much more sugar I am eating than normal! 
So wish me luck this week! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor emotional girl. It will get better I'm sure! You are just really in-touch with your feelers right now :) Who did you decide on for a photographer?!

    ReplyDelete