Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, August 13, 2012

2 Weekends, 1 Post

Muahaha...clever title, no? I guess it only makes sense to those who have seen the infamous video...but I won't go there.

Anyways, as the title suggests we've got two weekends worth of fun stuff to chat about.

Last weekend I had all my gal pals up to my parents vacation house in Lake Chelan.

Pretty gorgeous view, if you ask me. 

We are all really spread out throughout the country (Philadelphia, Spokane, Seattle, The High Seas, and soon to be New York) so it's a very rare occasion that we can all get together in one spot. 

I met these ladies back in our college days at WSU while we lived in our sorority, Alpha Chi Omega. Ironically we didn't become the best of friends until we had all moved out of the house...but it didn't take long for us to realize that we were all made for each other! We've been through a lot together and I can't imagine having a better group of friends. 

Our weekend consisted of a lot of relaxation, gossiping, enjoying what the Chelan wineries (and cheese shops) have to offer, and just catching up. I'll let the pictures do the talking...


1. Hannah and I had to pick up Noah at the airport before we headed out to Chelan. This is the face she made when I asked her if she was excited to see Daddy! 
2. Spending some time with Auntie Kelly before she heads off to WSU for the year! Last Grindley Coug! So proud of her. :) 
3. Jess getting in some Hannah time! 
4. Hudson and Pumbaa watching all the commotion of Cake Tasting! Unfortunately I do not have the pictures of this, but my good friend, Kari and her mom are going to be making our wedding cake and were so nice as to bring up three HUGE cakes for Noah and I (and everyone else) to sample. 
5. All of us girls at our first winery. Love them. 


6. Grandpa and Hannah hanging out. 
7. The girls all getting in the water for some prime tanning on the trampoline. 
8. I love her relaxed position during nap time. So cute! 
9. This is about as far as I've made it into the water this year...I'm not a huge fan of cold agua. 

I actually didn't get that many pictures of this weekend (if only I had my "virtual scrapbook" idea sooner!) but we had a great weekend and I love every single one of these girls and can't wait to see everyone in October! 

Moving on to this weekend...

We had our last wedding of the season. My good friend from Graduate school, Heather, tied the knot to her high school sweetheart on Friday evening. It was a beautiful ceremony held at the Rosehill Community Center in Mukilteo. They were lucky enough to have perfect weather and we were all treated to a gorgeous sunset. 




It was so great to see some of my classmates. I ended up having Hannah just a couple weeks before graduation, so I was unable to attend and haven't seen anyone from school in about 3 months! They were able to meet Hannah for the first time and it was great to catch up with them and hear about all the end-of-school-year drama. 

Love these girls! 

Congrats Mrs. Button! You were a beautiful bride!

On Saturday we slept in a little and then headed out to Noah's company picnic in North Bend. Microsoft actually use to hold their company picnic in the same location every year, so I have lots of fun childhood memories of all the food and games. 


We parked ourselves at the nearest umbrella and grabbed some food. We didn't spend a lot of time exploring because I didn't want Hannah exposed to the sun for too long. She ended up getting a slight sunburn on her right arm (despite only being in the sun for less than 10 minutes) and I may have cried a few Mommy tears and was convinced that I was the worst mom in the whole world. However, the sunburn is already gone and we have learned our lesson; NO amount of time in the sun is okay for our fair-skinned little lady. 
Anyways, the picnic was amazing. Amazon really knows how to spoil its employees! We spent our time just relaxing under our umbrella napping, watching the trapeze artists, bands, and company picnic games. Noah even competed! 


He ended up winning and picked out a "Tub of Fun" for Hannah as his prize. 
It was a great family day and Noah and I kept talking about how excited we are for a couple years down the road when Hannah can compete in the picnic games. 


Sunday was a much needed day of relaxation for us. We just lazed around and had ourselves a little Lost marathon (despite the gorgeous weather outside). But we needed it. Hannah was particularly adorable in her 6 MONTH (!!) outfit today, so I had to snap a few shots of her.

Look at those rolls! 

Her personality comes out more and more each day...see how excited she is to be "gaming" with Daddy?

Officially obsessed with this face! 

Thanks for sticking with me through this long post! Hopefully I will be able to update more frequently and they won't be as long in the future. 

Have a great Monday, all! 


3 comments:

  1. Great post Shan! Chelan was was so much fun and your little family is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Btw, what are you using to edit your photos boo bear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sugarplums! Jilly, I am using picmonkey (its the new picnic)! I haven't used the editing stuff yet...just the collage feature and the text feature. All the editing stuff (makeup, etc) is free for awhile!

    ReplyDelete