I've been working hard the past few weeks and have knocked away at all the other projects and papers and finally have completed them all. I am SO close....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Woo hoo!
Anyways, to celebrate, I thought I'd check in here and fill you in on some Pinterest dishes we have been trying.
I've been trying to stick to meal plans to minimize how much food gets wasted when it doesn't get eaten. I've been searching out all my recipes on Pinterest and wanted to give you my thoughts....yay or nay!
Nay-It didn't taste anything like a Wendy's frosty to me. Noah didn't mind it (and ate my leftovers) but I was really looking for an exact, or pretty close, to a frosty.
Yay!- We love these and make them all the time. Even Hannah loves them. I'm dying to try out this recipe on summer squash and see how they turn out. Definitely recommend.
Yay-Very moist and the cinnamon swirl was an awesome twist.
Eh-I made this poorly. I was slightly shy on the amount of ground beef I had and didn't account for that when adding the milk, so it turned out a little runny and mushy....and as a result had to cook extra long. Noah still liked it...but it was hard for me to get over the mushy texture. I'm sure if I made it right, it would have been delicious.
Nay-I don't know what it was about this, but I didn't like it at all. I was SO excited for our first "pumpkiny" recipe of the season, but was so disappointed.
Yay-It's your typical tuna noodle casserole, but I just love the crunchy texture of the hardened noodles on top and cheese combined with the softer texture of the noodles and tuna. Yum!
Yay-This was SUPER easy. Throw three sides into the dish, top with seasoning and butter and leave it in the oven! The only thing is that it took us almost 30 minutes longer to cook the potatoes than the hour the originally recommended. It was still good though.












Love this! I will definitely be trying some of your yay's! If you want to try more recipes you should look at my "Pinterest Success" board...those are all recipes that we have tried and liked, most of them are super easy!
ReplyDeleteOh thanks Lis! I will definitely take a look! I love trying new recipes out....especially easy ones. ;)
DeleteAlso love this! And I'm glad you reviewed the pumpkin cream cheese bread because I was LITERALLY about to make that tomorrow, ha. I was a little skeptical after reading some of the reviews on the actual article page, but was going to give it a shot anyways...I think now I'll stick to the pumpkin chocolate swirl bread (a Pinterest personal YAY I've made). Same thing with the Frosty - I've always wanted to make it...bummed it was a dud! And Lisa, LOVE your idea of a "Pinterest success" board - I've been trying to think of a way to save my favorites, so I just might steal your idea :)
ReplyDeleteALSO, amig - good job with school! I'm SO proud of you!!
Thanks Kort! I am literally going to cry when I turn in my research project. I can't wait! Ugh yeah....so disappointing about the pumpkin cream cheese bread....just not good. I didn't even read the reviews, so I am actually kind of glad they were not that great and it wasn't just me being weird...I wanted to like it so bad! I was just going to text you for your bread recipe, so I'll have to get your pumpkin chocolate swirl bread recipe too!
Delete