Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, October 17, 2014

Five on Friday


Hi loves! I'm so excited to be jumping on the Five on Friday train with some of my favorite bloggers, Christina and Natasha!

So let's dive right in.

One. Disney Cruise Update
Last week we surprised the kids (and ourselves!....keep reading) by taking them on a Disney Cruise to the Southern Caribbean. My parents had planned this cruise about a year ago and Noah and I had decided to sadly opt out, as the cruise line was going to charge full price for the babes. Since Graham would only be 7 months at the time and not using any of the ships facilities/food/activities, etc...this was a hard pill to swallow and we decided to not go this time. However, literally 5 days before the ship was scheduled to set sail, we called Disney just to double check and they offered to give us a discount on the kids in order to fill up the remaining rooms on the ship! We booked it immediately and did not regret it for a minute! It was one of the best vacations we've been on. Stay tuned for a full recap, as soon as I get the collection of pictures from everyone's cameras. Here is a sneak peek though...








Two. Ikea 20th Anniversary Sale
This weekend (starting today) Ikea is having their 20th Anniversary Sale. Today this super cute chandelier is on sale, and I'm thinking it would look awesome in Hannah's big girl room transformation. On Sunday this kitchen cart is marked down from $50 to $20. I've had my eye on it for a long time. I've seen such adorable ideas on how to put it to use on Pinterest....however, I think I am going to be using it to store Hannah's arts and crafts projects. She's so into crafting right now, and I've been looking for a way to organize all her supplies so that it's easy for her to get to, but also not a huge eye sore in our living room. 
 

Three. Fit Bit
I've been having the hardest time losing the baby weight the second time around. I'm not sure why that is. After Hannah, I lost all of it within 4 months after I had her. Now, Graham is 8 months old and I'm still holding on to more than I even care to think about! I got a Fit Bit about a month ago (for those that don't know, a Fit Bit is a handy little tracker that you wear around your wrist that tracks your steps each day). I haven't used it that much yet, but I'm making a commitment to get in shape, starting with meeting my daily step goal!

Four. The Husband's Secret
I'm about halfway through this book, and I'm obsessed! I won't give anything away, but I highly recommend it. I'm already anticipating the end though. Does anyone else get sad when they finish a good book? I feel like I always need a promising new book keyed up and ready to go to get me out of those post-book blues. So, what should I read next? Any recommendations? 


Five. Weekend Plans
We spent this whole last week recovering from vacation and traveling, but we are ready for some October fun! Today we are headed out to a U-Pick apple orchard to stock up. I've never been much of a pumpkin fan (gasp, I know) but I love apples. I've been pinning all sorts of apple recipes and Hannah and I are so excited to start cooking up an apple storm. Saturday Hannah has her first day of swim lessons at the new Snohomish Aquatic Center. Girlfriend is not a fan of the water and while I don't want to push her into something she really doesn't like, I want her to learn to be comfortable around it. Between mine and Noah's family we spend a lot of time in Hawaii and Lake Chelan, so its essential that she at least learns the basics. Afterwards we have plans to meet up with some friends and their brand new baby girl at the pumpkin patch. I'm way too excited for apple cider, hay rides and posing my kids in front of pumpkins for 5 million pictures. On Sunday, I'm meeting up with my mom for a day date at Ikea to snag the aforementioned kitchen cart. I'm also hoping to snag this adorable throw. Then its back home to continue with the kids bathroom remodel that has been sitting in limbo for about a month now. Whoops. 

Have a great weekend, friends! Thanks for stopping by!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging again, I've missed the updates! A few things...I definitely had that kitchen cart in hand at IKEA last Saturday and decided to put it back at the last minute, I'm still a little sad about it. Second, LOVED the Husband's Secret! Lastly, I'm not a pumpkin fan either...I always feel a little guilty about that this time of year when everyone is raving about pumpkin spice everything...hopefully you'll be sharing your apple recipes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lis! I'm sad for you, I've seen the cutest ideas for storing newborn items in the cart! So cute! I'll definitely share the apple recipes :) Love you!

      Delete